I'm so glad that Goodnight Moon brought the Song-Link-Up back.
Have you heard Trent Tomlinson before? He had the song "One Wing in the Fire" quite a few years ago. Anyway, I love his voice. It's masculine and gritty, but still really elegant.
He has a new song that I just love. There is no video for it yet, so here is a link to his fan site where you can listen to the entire song (in the sidebar.) You can buy the song on iTunes.
--oo------oo------oo------oo------oo--
I have to say that I was really impressed by all the people who spoke out against SOPA/PIPA yesterday. It sounds like most politicians are reeling from the outcry and considering taking the whole thing off the table. I read this interesting article today. The author does a great job of discussing both (1) the failures of the politicians and (2) the fear of the internet having such a profound influence on the law.
On the latter point, I beg to differ. I think yesterday showed the solidarity of the public to make law, using the internet as a resource. Isn't that what our country is all about? Isn't it a government run by the people? The problem is, we've elected a handful of imbeciles that either don't remember what they stand for, or never took a stance in the first place. Our government is falling apart. That is a fact. Yesterday, the people realized that if real change is going to happen in our country, it's going to start with us. The people.
--oo------oo------oo------oo------oo--
I have to say that I was really impressed by all the people who spoke out against SOPA/PIPA yesterday. It sounds like most politicians are reeling from the outcry and considering taking the whole thing off the table. I read this interesting article today. The author does a great job of discussing both (1) the failures of the politicians and (2) the fear of the internet having such a profound influence on the law.
On the latter point, I beg to differ. I think yesterday showed the solidarity of the public to make law, using the internet as a resource. Isn't that what our country is all about? Isn't it a government run by the people? The problem is, we've elected a handful of imbeciles that either don't remember what they stand for, or never took a stance in the first place. Our government is falling apart. That is a fact. Yesterday, the people realized that if real change is going to happen in our country, it's going to start with us. The people.
1 comment:
I can share the author's concern that making laws based on public opinion isn't always the best course, since SOPA/PIPA were fairly cut-and-dry and easy to jump on the bandwagon about at the last minute. Others aren't so much. Of course, that's exactly what ballot initiatives and state questions are: the public making law. Which the supreme court then strikes down. That's why we have a system of checks and balances.
Post a Comment