Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Road Trip: A Facebook Perspective

For those of you who follow me personally on Facebook, this will be repetitious. Although, you may still enjoy seeing this all in one spot, since I updated my FB pretty frequently while on the road. I personally think this is more exciting than for me to hash out all the mundane details of a drive through the plains of Kansas and Iowa.

Feb 29 @ 8:12am: Signing out, fueling up and heading back to Minnesota @ Ft. Carson Army Post

Feb 29 @ 10:18am: We just drove over the Republican River. It's completely dry. Is that a sign for something? Near Arriba, CO
(time change)
Feb 29 @ 12:34am: Flipping through the only 5 radio stations we can find. They're all country. Near Goodland, KS

Feb 29 @ 2:07pm: Road Trip Challenge #1: Finding the balance between staying hydrated and spacing out your bathroom breaks. Near Quinter, KS

Feb 29 @ 2:50pm: Is talking to Al about the pros and cons of wind turbine power...because that is ALL there is in Kansas. Near Russell, KS

Feb 29 @ 3:20pm: Road Trip Challenge #2: Convincing Al that for every Johnny Cash song, I should get one Katy Perry. Near Kanopolis, KS

Feb 29 @ 3:48pm: I'm waving to my Ft. Riley peeps as we drive by. Ciao! @ Ft. Riley, KS


Feb 29 @ 4:03pm: I just discovered that the Oz Museum also has a winery. Coolest thing ever? I think so.


Feb 29 @ 4:28pm: I was going to check in as we drove through Topeka, but I found this instead @ Hell, KS (obviously some Topeka residents are not fond of their lovely city.)


Feb 29 @ 4:30pm: I am such a law nerd. Check-in at Brown v. Board of Education Museum (drive-by only, unfortunately)


Feb 29 @ 4:51pm: Shoutout to my favorite KU graduate Near Lawrence, KS


Feb 29 @ 5:04pm: Road Trip Challenge #3: Forgetting about the toll on the KS Turnpike and searching the car for change. We came up with $1.93. We needed $2.50.


Feb 29 @ 7:00pm: Quick stop to see family. What a great meal! @ The Yard House, Kansas City, KS


Feb 29 @ 7:43pm: On the road again... Near Kansas City, KS


Feb 29 @ 10:30pm: Missed the transition into Iowa because Al and I were having an interesting discussion about everything from abortion to the failures of our legal system. 


March 1 @ 1:15am: In Minnesota. Hello, my love.


March 1 @ 2:16am: Imagined a deer on the road on two different occasions, followed by an actual deer family that made us slam on the breaks. Deep breaths...20 miles from home. Near Sleepy Eye, MN


March 1 @ 2:40am: Home sweet home. Well, my second home on the farm. Near Fairfax, MN


Whew! What a trip! 


2 comments:

Kaylee said...

I liked seeing your FB updates, as you traveled - it was fun, and made me remember that blasted drive!!!

Jamie said...

Hah hah. Good car discussions!