This was not my original plan for re-introducing the Saturday Share series, but in light of recent life-events, it seemed fitting. For your weekend reading pleasure, I've compiled some great resources to help you stay safe and protect your belongings.
Avoid car break-ins - via NY Daily News
Tips on car break-ins direct from a police officer - via Business Know-How
My favorite tip: a disguise for if you must store your stuff inside your car - via Wisebread
Don't make stealing the car itself too easy - via Wisebread
But if it does... Rely on Taxi Drivers to Find your Stolen Car - via Lifehacker
Prevent identity theft using these quick-tips - via Business Insider
And with 10 more great tips!
Secure your digital accounts - via Life.YourWay
I recommend keeping a list of all your accounts (in a secure place, like a fireproof lock-box). That way, when a card is stolen, you are able to immediately provide the full credit card number to authorities and to any places that need it for follow up. I was able to get the video of the man at Wal-mart because I had the full credit card number for the manager to locate the transaction. Some advisors say to keep copies of the front and back of your ID's and major credit cards as well. I know having my full license number would have made the restoration process much easier.
Make sure you keep these documents in a secure place (not online or in a file cabinet) but keep them accessible. You may find this method handy even if theft does not occur.
Be safe and have a wonderful weekend!
Avoid car break-ins - via NY Daily News
Tips on car break-ins direct from a police officer - via Business Know-How
My favorite tip: a disguise for if you must store your stuff inside your car - via Wisebread
Don't make stealing the car itself too easy - via Wisebread
But if it does... Rely on Taxi Drivers to Find your Stolen Car - via Lifehacker
Prevent identity theft using these quick-tips - via Business Insider
And with 10 more great tips!
Secure your digital accounts - via Life.YourWay
I recommend keeping a list of all your accounts (in a secure place, like a fireproof lock-box). That way, when a card is stolen, you are able to immediately provide the full credit card number to authorities and to any places that need it for follow up. I was able to get the video of the man at Wal-mart because I had the full credit card number for the manager to locate the transaction. Some advisors say to keep copies of the front and back of your ID's and major credit cards as well. I know having my full license number would have made the restoration process much easier.
Make sure you keep these documents in a secure place (not online or in a file cabinet) but keep them accessible. You may find this method handy even if theft does not occur.
Be safe and have a wonderful weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment