Friday, August 6, 2010

A Special Shout-Out

I've been meaning to do this for a little while, but wanted to give her a little time to get her head wrapped around this glorious life we all share before I sent you over to give her some love.

My life-long bestie, Linus has recently joined the mil-SO world!
Many moons ago, she dated a mutual friend of ours. The timing was off, the maturity was, well, missing (on both sides) and things fell apart. At 19, it's hard to wait for someone leaving for the military. It's especially hard when they've got a lot of growing up to do.
So she (bravely) gave him the choice between her and military.
He chose the military.

I think they'd both say it was the right decision at the time. Neither of them were cut-out for the long-distance thing. And they both needed to grow up, her at college and him at war.
I think they are both much better people because they walked away (as hard as it was on both of them) and experienced their own lives.

I can say for Linus that she's able to handle the life now because she didn't try to handle it then.

Fast forward (Holy s**t it's been) 7 years and they recently reconnected. The wounds from many years ago have healed and they're both better, happier people. And all the good stuff clicked right back into place.

They are taking it slow. Trying to get used to the new concept and the new lifestyle.
But I really want her to have some support.
I can only really express my gratitude a love for my blog community of friends (many of whom I'd consider real-life friends if we ever had the chance to meet) by passing that community on to her. It's the best gift/advice/support I can give her during this time.

So pretty, pretty please, go check out her blog. You may or may not like her, and she's fine with that, but at least give her a look. We all need more friends in this life!

In other, somewhat related news...
Kaylee from Small Wonders and I were able to meet up again. Coincidentally, she was able to meet Linus last night too. It worked out so well. Of course, as the dunces we are, we forget photos AGAIN!

No worries though, I can tell you that she's still looking glowingly and blissfully pregnant.
We shared some laughs over celeb's crazy baby names (like Shannon Sossamon naming her child Audio Science - or Frank Zappa naming his kid Dweezle. I so wish I was kidding.) And we joked about her ordering an alcoholic beverage just to see the look on the waiter's face when she did. We did a little shopping and then called it a night. It was lovely.
Next time, we PROMISE to take pictures.
We're both on the hook now, Kaylee since I've publicly promised it!

Peace out and Happy Friday!
(I'll finish up Our Story right away next week, in the meantime, use this weekend to catch up on the ones you've missed.)

1 comment:

Kaylee said...

Gosh, Mel, now everyone knows how terrible we are at taking pictures! I vote we blame it on my baby brain!!! And Dweezle - UGH! I am still cracking up at that- Dweezle Weasel :)