I actually have a real-live post, with pictures planned for tonight. Are you surprised?
In the meantime, I have a funny (and quick) story to share.
As I've mentioned before, my Mondays really suck. I have 12 hours between class and work and I rarely have time to slow down and eat lunch. As a result, my morning coffee is vital.
Al has been doing a lot of the "housewife" tasks this month since he isn't at work and I am. This means making coffee and meals, laundry, running errands, etc...
This morning, while I was getting ready in the bathroom, Al ran to the gas station to get the paper. He comes back with a tall coffee.
I told him how excited I was that he got me the tall, big coffee and reached for it.
Al: Umm, it's not for you.
{blank stare}
Me: What?
Al: This is mine, I didn't get you one.
Me: Umm, ok... Did you make coffee downstairs?
Al: No...should I?
Me: Well it's too late now, I have to leave
He poured half into a mug and gave me the to-go cup, but I was still sort of hurt that he would drive all the way to the gas station, get himself coffee and completely forget to get me one. He's been making the morning coffee for weeks now. Nothing is new today.
Anyway, he brought me lunch at school (maybe out of guilt, or maybe because he's doting and wonderful.) Boys are just silly sometimes.
Happy Monday!
2 comments:
You always have the best convos to share! Philip has been super bad about that sort of thing lately! Goes to the kitchen all the time and doesn't bring in anything for me, and I -always- ask when I'm headed there. Been driving me nuts!
Boys are silly at times! Sometimes they just don't think. I would have been hurt too but at least he made it up to you!
Post a Comment