Thursday, February 3, 2011

Don't you just hate convenience?!

As I previously mentioned, I have been on idle this week in what my friend referred to as a "wedding hangover." I'd really just love to eat comfort food and watch trashy TV and hope tomorrow is a little bit better.

As we all know, doing so only makes things worse.
So I forced myself to join the world.

Yesterday, we got another few inches of snow (bringing the winter total depth to over 3 feet) and temps went below zero = my car didn't start and jumping it didn't work so I went car-less for the morning. It started with no problem around 3PM when the temp was only 2 degrees.

Then my class went over time so my teaching partner and I were 5 minutes late to our first day at the high-school. My whole day was thrown off as a result and I was basically late to everything.

When I got home, I pulled my back shoveling out the back alley way (so I could park in the garage and not risk any future problems with my car's aversion to cold weather) and went to bed early with a heating pad.

Then after another long day today, my boss at work asked me to send out a memo informing the staff of my name change (yay!)
In my haste I wrote it and sent it, without proofreading.

The last line read:
I apologize for any convenience and appreciate your flexibility.

'Cause I'm pretty sure attorneys hate convenience. Don't we all?

2 comments:

Julie said...

LOL! That's funny! Sorry that I'm not more sympathetic but you tell the story with such drama and then end with this wonderfully flippant comment...perfect comedy! Just sayin'. love you!!

Anonymous said...

Haha awesome. The good news is that you'll have time to sit back and relax on Sunday! See you then! <3