Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Buy American

While I enjoy my time with my bestie, I thought I would share an interesting thing I found.
We've heard a lot of talk about another possible shutdown and issues with the government not being able to pay off their debts. There is a lot of good information going around, along with a lot of crappy, misinformed and just-plain-wrong information. While I have a lot I could say on the issue, I'd prefer not to contribute to the political blah-blah-blah while I am still under-researched and emotionally biased. Then, while reading my daily blogs, I found the following articles.

One of the best ways that we, as an everyday society, can help with the looming debt. (Beyond the obvious of managing our personal debts properly and living on healthy budgets.)
A great (albeit not always easy) way to contribute is to buy American products as much as possible. It won't always be possible, but it is a great way to use our consumer power (one of the few affective powers we actually maintain) and give the money to our country. Support local businesses and companies that are home-based, manufactured and distributed in America. It might not be a lot, but it's something and it does help.

Check out these resources for tons of information along these lines, along with a listing of all the American-based companies and products. Happy Spending!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! I try to buy American when I can, so thank you for the lists!