Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Goals Monday

Of course, I skipped the list review last week because of the holiday.
So, it's time to revisit my goals again...

Here is the list:
1. Take a boxing class
Progress: Purchased class. Need to schedule for first session. Still, I'm such a slacker...
2. Work on my long-paper
(Ultimate Goal: complete research and first draft by summer-end to be reviewed by Prof.)
Progress: Downloaded software to organize research. Created research map so I can get started. Started preliminary research and created long-term research plan. Completed preliminary research.
3. Learn how to cook at least a week-worth of meals
Progress - - Learned the following meals:
~Turkey meat balls in marinara
~Shrimp & Feta Stuffed Zucchini
~Homemade greek pizza
~Tuna & cream corn casserole
~Frozen Low-Fat Reese Peanut Butter Pie (I know it's not dessert, but it is amazing!)
4. Get my conceal-and-carry permit
5. Re-take the MPRE (August test date)
I will have to take the test in November because we will not make it back in time for the August test date. I will still map out a study plan for the fall, but will likely have to revisit it once I get a handle on my school workload this semester.
6. Visit family in Arizona
No longer applicable. My family is traveling to Alabama instead of Arizona.
7. Revamp my resume and cover letters
Completed. I revised my resume today and re-posted it to the job site through my school.
8. Read 10 books from my reading list
Read: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
9. Take at least one weekend getaway with Al
Progress: Visited Ft. Carson, CO in June
10. Put together list of employment opportunities for my return to MN
Progress: Started compiling job options today after I posted my resume. I pulled two jobs in particular that I will apply to this week. I will also e-mail a couple of attorneys I know and try options there.
11. Volunteer with an on-post organization
Progress: Attended two FRG events.
12. Get another tattoo
13. Find bike trails in El Paso and start riding a bike
14. Volunteer with a community-based organization (off-post)
Progress: Missed ACS meeting two weeks ago due to our Colorado trip. I will be revisiting volunteer opportunities. Also looking into a two-week Habitat build in Minnesota when I return.
15. Renew my CPR and First Aid certifications
I finally found the person I need to call to set this up.
16. (used to read "strip and paint the bedroom shelves" but I'm changing it because I didn't bring those shelves and have other painting projects to do.)
17. Learn how to make homemade sushi
This goal has been 36'd for now. We just don't have the resources to do this right now, since the materials and ingredients are not cheap. I would also like to do this with someone. So maybe I'll try it when I'm in Minnesota with my mom.
18. Sew covers for couch pillows
19. Determine a solid work-out routine
(Ultimate goal: lose 20 lbs, tone muscle and re-gain strength & flexibility)
Progress: Completed work-out calendar. Took photos, measurements and weighed in. Created charts to track progress and food. Started 25-day work-out plan.
20. Get boudoir photos taken
21. Determine my final-year game-plan
22. Put together Shutterfly wedding album
23. Make new headboard
24. Practice and re-new my German knowledge
25. Take care of my husband in every way possible!
Progress: On-going and constant!

No comments: