Monday, March 26, 2012

Random Thoughts on Monday

Have I mentioned that I am up to my eyeballs writing my long paper?
Ok, ok...I've mentioned it once or twice. The first draft is due Friday, so once that is off my plate, I will be around a little more. Also on Friday, I leave for Washington D.C. to take two high-school students to participate in a national moot court competition. It should be a great experience for the kids and a fun little break for me.


I've already planned a lunch date with the lovely Reina in D.C. on Saturday and can hardly wait! I told her I was going to wear something extra cute for our date so we could take lots of pictures! I really love that blogging can bring me together with people from all over the country!


Is anyone else watching Army Wives this season? Are you hating it as much as I am?


SPOILERS * SPOILERS * SPOILERS


The season started off great, with all the endearing characters and a good blend of excitement mixed with realism. Something about Pamela leaving and the new General and his wife arriving that have spun everything into this weird, sniveling, politicking place that I just can't get on board with. Sure, when you get too many women in one group, there is bound to be some smack-talking and game-playing and, yes, there is some truth to the whole "play politics to get ahead" thing, but can't we just keep things out of that soap-opera-y place? And since when does wearing a miniskirt mean you can't run an FRG?


Whatever. It is TV and the writers want it to be interesting. I guess I shouldn't expect much from a bunch of Hollywood writers who are trying to sell TV rather than portray military life in an artistic way. Ok, I'm moving it on since it is just a show.


I'm off to do some more writing. If I'm not back in a few days send a search party!

Oh, and don't forget to enter my giveaway before it ends on Friday. 

1 comment:

JG said...

Have a fantastic trip! Hope you get to clear your head some.