Monday, May 14, 2012

7 Money Rules for Life: A Giveaway

I am hosting another giveaway!

This time the prize is a book: 7 Money Rules for Life by Mary Hunt


Full disclosure: I won this book from HUN, but after scanning through it, decided that it would probably serve others better than it does me. 


The contest will run until I return from my Minnesota graduation weekend on Monday!
Good Luck!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my main money rules is that if you dont have the cash to pay for it, don't buy it. We have debit cards, but I look at the statement ALL the time, and if the money isn't there to spare, we don't buy it. We have two credit cards for gas (one for each of us) and a star card for on post. the gas gets paid off every month, and the star gets more than the minimum payment, but other than that, cash only.

Anonymous said...

One of my main rules is CASH ONLY (our car is the one exception - it's the one thing we've taken out a recent loan on). We have credit and debit cards, but only use them if the cash to pay off that item is in the bank. If it's a big purchase, we save for a few months until it is there.

Lou said...

Our money rule is you cant spend 200$ without spouses thoughts.

Anonymous said...

One of our rules is for the hubs: If you don't tell me about it at least 2 weeks in advance and it cost more than $40, then you don't get it. He's terrible about dropping expensive bombshells on me ON PAY DAY!!! Ugh! I need to plan for it if you need an extra $100 out of our paycheck! LOL! And our new rule is that I can only get coffee on the way to work once a week if I don't bring it from home. :) Those little things add up fast!

And I'm with Doc's Girl. We don't use credit anymore. We have an emergency fund for true emergencies and everything else needs to be budgeted for.

JG said...

We each have a monthly allowance as part of our budget for anything outside of necessary purchases (gas, groceries, etc). We can use it for anything, but once it's gone, it's gone, no "borrowing" from next month.

Anonymous said...

I keep two checking accounts -- one for spending money and the other for drafted bills.