Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mel's Big List of Things I Thought I Would Never Do...But Totally Did


I read an article the other day, explaining the fact that we always have certain expectations of what our lives will look like. Things we vow to never do, people we vow to never be like, etc... That got me thinking: what are some things I thought I would never do that didn't go as planned...

{When I first wrote out this list I had paragraph-long explanations under each point. After proof-reading the list I decided to remove all of them. I have never, ever been ashamed of who I am and I have never believed in regret. Every single one of these "mistakes" or unexpected life events made me the person I am and for that, they need no explanation. Instead, I present them in all their glory, the good and the awful, and I ask only that you love me anyway. No regrets. No judgments.}

1. Work retail/spare jobs after law school.
2. Be a smoker.
3. Sing Karaoke.
4. Drink myself sick. 
5. Date a married man. Date the same guy twice. Date someone long-distance.
6. Live in Colorado. And love it.
7. Maintain a blog for this long.
8. Own a home before 30.
9. Hide a keg in my bathtub when my landlord stopped by.
10. Climb a mountain.
11. Stay up for 38 consecutive hours. For work and for play.
12. Sneak out of a bedroom window. Sneak into a bedroom window.
13. Stop biting my nails.
14. Get a ticket for littering.
15. Skip school to go shopping. Skip work to ride motorcycles.
16. Work in finance. And enjoy it.

1 comment:

JG said...

I'm not gonna lie, some of these made me laugh out loud. I didn't know they still gave tickets for littering :)