One month down in 2013.
Time sure does fly (and other cliche sentiments that are fitting for this reflection...)
Before I jump into the things happening in February, I want to look back through January and how I did on my 2013 goals. I shared with you my spreadsheet for tracking the goals, so I can stay on top of it daily when I use my planner. Now, I want to look at the individual goals and see how I can improve my strategy and plan for achieving those that fell short (and pat myself on the back for those I've accomplished!)
Expand Mind
1. Did I read at least 1 book? Yes! The Art & Power of Being a Lady
2. Did I develop any skills? I attended a small business class at the local library. I also shadowed another coach at the gym to further develop my coaching skills.
3. Did I teach/tutor at least 1 child? No, but I am taking on a new class at the gym - tumbling. This should challenge me and help the kids!
Increase Wealth
1. Did I payoff any debt? No. With the break-in, any progress we made was depleted by those added expenses.
2. Did I increase ER savings? No. See above.
3. Did I increase additional savings? Yes, I saved about $25 this month towards travel and events
Advance Career
1. Did I attend at least 1 event? Yes.
2. Did I write at least 1 article? No. I am looking at ways to fix this by seeking out new sources and places to write.
3. Did I make steps toward finding a mentor? Yes. I had a meeting with an attorney I hope to maintain a mentorship with.
Enhance Home
1. Did we make progress on the guest bath/bedroom? Yes! We are 50% done and hope to finish this weekend!
2. Did we make progress on clearing the Radon? No. This will happen when the weather warms.
3. Did we make progress on the outdoor projects? No. See above.
Improve Health
1. No smoking? Yes! I have not had a cigarette in over 30 days!
2. Did I eat healthier? Somewhat. I opted for a salad at least once per week and cut back on sweets. I also avoided soda, for the most part. I could definitely improve more in the area.
3. Did I take a multi-vitamin? Not regularly. This one is so simple and yet so difficult. I will get a pill box and set it up each week on Sunday so I can just pop-and-go in the morning.
For the month of February, I added an additional little project. I joined up with The Idea Room to participate in her photo prompt project on Facebook.
You can watch my progress on my Facebook page - I've incorporated the photos in my 365 in 2013 album. You can also watch the progress of the other participants (most of them are much better photogs than I am!)
Finally, don't forget that February is heart month. Do something to raise money, awareness, or assistance for those suffering from heart disease, and take the necessary steps to lead a healthy life so you heart stays healthy too!

2 comments:
I think it's amazing how you haven't smoked in 30 days such a huge accomplishment. :)
I love that you do these accountability check-ins. It makes me wish I would've committed to writing down some goals, although my 2013 goals are pretty straight-forward - have kid, be good mom, go to OTS and successfully complete course. ;)
Post a Comment