I have never been a runner. In fact, I loathe running. However, I love working out. I love the tingle that runs through my body, the cool air drying my sweaty face and the fact that it gets the happy endorphins flowing. Or perhaps the epinephrine (eh, Linus?). The results are nice too, but I never seem to have any. Sure, I tend to drop about 10 lbs. when I'm working out regularly. I see a slight improvement in muscle tone and endurance and I definitely sleep better. Overall, however, I seem to lose weight in my breasts and still keep the dreaded belly pudge.
What do I attribute this to? The fact that I am not a runner. The only time I ever successfully disciplined myself to run regularly was when I was doing two-a-day training sessions for the Navy. And, of course, in the Navy. Perhaps, the solution to all my problems is to have a drill instructor follow me around on my workouts. Someone to motivate me through the agony of running a couple miles.
If anyone is up to the task, I will happily let you chase me around for a few blocks. Now, if I can just get a chef to cook me delicious, healthy, low-cal meals I'll be set!
No comments:
Post a Comment