Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The 2L Rundown

In spite of my recent face-off with the Army, I've had a lot of exciting things going on in my world. Namely, starting my second year of law school.
In fact, this week was such a whirl-wind/crazy-exciting time, that I am just NOW getting to post something other then my anger towards the Army's current ineptitudes.

On the up-side, I think my second year is going to be really great. Here is a run-down of my classes and schedule (not so much because I KNOW you'll find it titillating, but mostly because then when things really ramp up, you'll forgive me when I'm blog-MIA for a few days!)

Mondays:
9 AM - Agencies, Partnerships & LLC's (2hrs)
My professor is Australian and OLD. This will definitely be the hardest class, both because the material is dry and because the professor is hard to focus on. Still, I wanted to take the course because of my interest in business law.

12 PM - Constitutional Law (2hrs)
This is THE class that I wanted to take in law school. My professor is fun and energetic and a great teacher! Plus, who doesn't think the document that makes up the very fabric of our country is interest?

3 PM - Evidence (1hr)
My professor is a Chief Federal Judge and very interesting person. He's also a good professor. This class is basically the process of presenting evidence at a trial, very CSI and Law & Order stuff.

Work 5PM - 9PM

Tuesdays:
Work 9AM - 1PM

2 PM - Public International Law (2hrs)
This professor is super-smart and fun, so I am looking forward to this class. We're going to read treaties and the Geneva convention, etc... It should be a good class.

Lexis Nexis Research Lab Hours (2hrs)

6:30 PM - Family Law (2hrs)
This is another class that I am looking forward because of how incredible the professor is. She is smart and inspiring and even though I DO NOT want anything to do with family law in my career, she makes it interesting. PLUS, it's supposed to be a 3-hour class but she cut an hour off the end and made it online component so we don't have to spend all night in class.

Wednesdays:
9 AM - Agencies (Again, 1hr)

(4-hour break)
To be used for studying, the gym and other lunch-time endeavors.

2 PM - Evidence (Again, 2hrs)

Lexis Nexis Research Lab Hours (2hrs)

Thursdays:
Work 9AM - 5PM

Fridays:
OFF

As you can see, I'm front-loading my week, with terribly busy Monday-Wednesday. But once Thursday hits, I am smooth sailing with a 3-day weekend. Yes, it sucks.
Yes, I planned it this way because I want to be able to head to El Paso or out to the farm on the weekends.

There you have it folks, the unyielding, demanding schedule ahead of me!
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Good luck, girl! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Jennifer said...

We definitely think alike. I'd rather have a busy beginning of the week and be able to have a three day weekend, and I set up my schedule so I could do that! Good luck with your semester!