Oops! I totally forgot to post this back on the first of the month. Forgive me?

August's TPQ:
(in honor of my semester starting in ONE week! Eek!)
(in honor of my semester starting in ONE week! Eek!)
What level of education have you accomplished? How has that impacted your life? Would you change it?
5 comments:
I'm overly educated and underemployed. I have a BBA in MIS from Baylor. I have a MBA from Univ of MD. I almost almost done with my MEd, which I had to take a break from since we moved. I have my teaching certificate. I started working on my Gifted & Talented Certification when we moved here, but since teaching jobs are few and far between.
I wouldn't change anything, but I would have focused more on a skill during my undergrad years. I love going to school, but the problem is being able to use it every time that we move. I have had interesting jobs, ranging from working for the State of Florida in Germany, the American Consulate, being a buyer, a teacher, etc.
Right now I am just disappointed that my teaching degree is not being used, but I am not sure what I want to do while we are here. I'm open to suggestions! LOL
I have a GED, an Associate's degree, and I'm working on my Bachelor's. =) I worked on my Associate's degree through an overseas move, my husband deployed, and with a small kid (Munchkin), a pregnancy and a birth (Diva). I'd say that has made me stronger in more ways then what I probably realize right now and here I am working on my Bachelor's through another deployment (being overseas) and most likely an overseas move back to the U.S. =)
I wouldn't change it at all.
Highest level of education is a Master's Degree. It's had a positive impact on my life. I don't work in the field that the degree is in, but I have gotten all of my jobs because I had the degree.
I have a Masters in Adult Education, a Bachelors in Psycholgy, and a certificate in Massage Therapy. The Maters has impacted my life in that I've secured all my 'real' jobs with it and moved up the career ladder pretty quickly. This last PCS was hard on me because I realized all the moving around was starting to negatively impact my career, so that's why I made the move into massage therapy. It's been a much need respite from my 'real' career and has allowed me to destress quite a bit. I won't change my education for the world.
The highest level of education I have completed is a Bachelors degree in Psychology. I also have an Associates degree as a Paralegal. I have been accepted to Grad School and will be starting there this fall. I will be working towards my Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy.
Honestly, I haven't done anything with my degrees to date, so they haven't had much of an impact. After I graduated undergrad life got in the way of the things I wanted to do and I had to focus on the things I NEEDED to do for my children. They're older now so I have the itch to get back into school and follow my dreams.
I am really excited about going back to school this fall, I have big dreams and high expectiations for myself! :)
Post a Comment