Whew! I made it.
Amazingly, I survived mid-terms.
I have to say...it was brutal. Bru-Tal.
Much worse then BOTH mid-term session last year. Much, much worse.
But none of that matters because I am DONE! And I am ready for Fall Break!
So, I promised I would answer a couple of questions that were posted, but since I only received two, I am going to wait and post that in tomorrow. In the meantime, I want to recap a funny experience I had with my BFF Linus last weekend.
We planned on doing a little Halloween shopping (remember my costume?) and stop at Kay to re-size my ring. Yes, I could probably size it down now, but I will likely have to size it back up when I get a wedding band. Both re-sizing's are free with our service plan (thanks to my amazingly practical and money-savvy fiance) but honestly, I couldn't part with the ring for 10 days. Yeah, silly, I know!
After the mall, we both realized sushi was on the lunch menu. We were, unfortunately at a mall we don't normally shop, so we didn't know what sushi was nearby.
Enter, my lovely new Droid to help us out.
Yes. That is a drive-thru window on a sushi restaurant. Luckily, we discovered inside that it was not in use. It appeared that the owners bought an old Arby's or something and turned it into a sushi restaurant. The place was clean and friendly, so we decided to give it a whirl.
10 minutes later we had menus and soda. It took a few minutes to decide what we wanted, then we waited. We waited. And waited some more. 15 minutes later and she still hadn't taken our order.
I told Caroline I was going to make some origami in the mean time. I couldn't remember any of my origami-folding skills from Jr. High Odyssey of the Mind, so I made it up.

It's a snake, you don't see it?
We did finally get our food and it was delicious. For half the price of normal sushi, it was worth the decade-long wait. Thank you, Taiko, for a delish meal. No thank you for your crappy service. Although the hilarity of a drive-thru window and the excellent company I had, made for an awesome day!
5 comments:
I was guessing a duck, but I see the snake. Glad you got a good meal from a very unique sushi place!
Yay for a break! You deserve it!!
YEA!! I have a droid too...Glad to see Mid Terms are over...wait I'm lost, mid-terms its only Oct aren't Mid Terms in Dec...anyway we missed you...glad your back...I wouldn't have been able to relinquish the ring either...not sure I would be able to at just 10 day :)...now go have some fun and enjoy the "no School" feelin'
haha love your snake! and thats cool the food was good but no bueno that the service was not, but I guess we can't always have it all! lol
Hahaha! Oh drive-thru sushi. I won't forget that!
Post a Comment