
Once again, I am slow on the trigger in asking my monthly question.
Instead of asking a typical holiday-themed question, I actually have something else on my mind:
Tell me about a time where you learned something (not in school or related to an academic field) that surprised, impressed or challenged you. How did you learn it? How has it affected your life today?
My Answer:
My roommates both work in fields that are completely outside my typical comfort zone. One is a social worker who primarily works with GLBT and disenfranchised high-schoolers and the other is a Drug and Alcohol Rehab counselor. Both of them are awesome girls and good at their respective jobs, but every once in-awhile I am faced with learning something knew about them, their jobs and the world we live in.
I don't really have specific examples, but it's a constant learning process for me.
After all, how can one be strong in their beliefs without knowing the beliefs of other first?
I may not always agree, but I can always be grateful for the education I get from the experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment