Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Adventures in Thrifting

I've never been a thrifter.

In college I would stop by a thrift store if I needed something for a costume or for a particular piece I didn't want to spend a lot of money on. But they were pieces I used for that event and tossed.

Beyond that, thrifting was never a big thing. When I realized that it wasn't much different then garage-sale-ing (which I do A LOT with my fam) I thought I should try it more. And with the amount of free time I have this summer to do the shopping, and adapt pieces to my style, it's the perfect time to break into the scene.

I found this great mirror at a thrift store recently:
I'm not into the pink frame, so I have a plan to re-vamp it. Stay tuned this week for that project.

A few years ago, I picked this little gem up at a garage sale:
I LOVE this thing! It's great for quick shaves or when you have just a tiny bit of (hairy) skin sticking out. It has always worked beautifully and has been a saving grace for some very important moments.
And c'mon, it's also frickin' adorable.

We'll see what else I come up with on my next thrift store adventures.

1 comment:

It's Something Beautiful said...

I love thrift store shopping. It has been something I've been doing a lot more of recently with the upcoming wedding! You just never know what you're going to find :)

Cant wait to see the end result of the new mirror (which I love by the way)!