Oh ladies, how I've missed you...
I had the intention of returning on Friday and posting some exciting stories about the road-trip from Minnesota to Texas and about settling into the new place. With Blogger going down last week and cancelling my guest-posts and with our flight "incident" (read more below) I changed my mind.
Don't worry, I will still tell those stories. And I will post a photographic tour of the new place once I've put the last few touches on it. In the meantime, the extra break has been nice.
It has been heavenly.
I loved having my sister here with me to help me get everything organized and to keep me company during Al's long work days. We were able to reconnect on the road trip and during her time here and I feel blessed to have had that time with her.
Hopefully, she'll be able to visit again later this summer and we can do more "fun stuff."
We did have an interesting airline "incident" on Friday. I hustled Ginger to the airport for her afternoon flight and decided to go in with her.
{This was her first time flying alone - - she's flown many times, but always with a friend or the family. We all know how daunting airports can be when you're not comfortable. Plus, I had purchased the ticket for her and didn't want any trouble with her check-in.}
We arrived at the Continental ticket counter and the following conversation ensued:
Me: Hello, she is - -
Continental Lady (CL): What is your final destination?
Me: St. Paul/Minneapolis
CL: Yea...that's not going to happen. Your flight is delayed and the later flight will not get you to your connection in Houston with enough time...
Us: Umm...Ok. We didn't get a notice or anything.
CL: We can put you on that later flight and you can stay in Houston. Or you can fly out tomorrow morning and arrive in STP at 3:30pm.
Ginger: I don't want to stay in Houston where I don't know anyone.
Me: Yea, let's get her on that early flight tomorrow morning. But only if she gets guaranteed seats so she can get straight on a plane.
CL: We can do that.
And they did. Despite the lack of "customer service" informing us about the cancelled flight (which, if they had known about it all day, would have been easy to send an e-mail to all the booked flyers) they did a good job sorting it out. For that reason, I didn't push for any free flights or vouchers. If they hadn't been so great about it, I definitely would have.
I am so glad I went in with her to sort it all out. And I got another night with my lovely sister in Texas. Better yet, she got to spend an actual evening with Al since he didn't have to get up at an un-Godly hour on Saturday.
It was great to head to the airport on Friday and have it not be for me to fly back to Minnesota. I actually get to stay here for a while and it still feels a little surreal. I am truly loving my life right now.
Today, Al and I slept in until about 9am and spent the day running errands: grocery shopping and getting a few extra things for the place. He is currently taking a nap before he gets up to do some work and I am watching a Real Housewives marathon on Bravo.
{Am I the only one who is continually amazed at how terrible these women are to their "friends"? It's crazy to me how they are all so shallow and so catty. And yet, like any good train-wreck, I can't look away.}
I'm going to make dinner soon and probably curl up with my husband to watch a movie with a glass of wine. Have I mentioned that I love my life right now?!?
2 comments:
omg that was very inconsiderate for them to not let you know they had canceled the flight. Ugh..annoying. Glad your fine though, and yes desperate housewives, love it...yet am annoyed they always hang with each other even thought they constantly stab each other in the back.
New follower here! My hubby just got his first orders to Fort hood in Texas so I'll be on my way to Texas here in a few weeks. Glad I found a fellow milspouse who has recently moved to texas. Can't wait to read more about your adventures in Texas:)
Post a Comment