Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fashion Poll

In fashion, one day you're in and the next day, you're out.
{OK...so I borrowed that Project Runway, but it seemed fitting.}
We all know that fashion "fads" come and go.
And certain "runway looks" don't always translate to real-life bodies or real lifestyles.

That's probably even more true where I'm from.
Minnesota isn't a state where being fashion-forward is well-received.
It's not that people aren't open-minded or willing to try new things. It's just not the fashion capital that LA or New York is and us Mid-westerners don't like change all that much.

I would love to try some of the newer fashions, but I don't have the guts to break the mold when I'm not sure the rest will follow in my great state of Minnesota. There are a couple of trends in particular that I find intriguing, but I'm not sure if the "real world" is wearing them. Or if even the most fashion-forward of the regular folks are wearing them. So, help me out.

Tell me what you think about these trends: if you love them, hate them, tried them once or twice or have been dying to try them. Tell me if you think I'd like them or how they will look on me. Finally, give me any of your tips on how to wear them and where to get the best deals!

Trend #1
The Maxi-dress
Found here
Found here
The maxi dress

Trend #2
The Oxford
Found here
Found here

Trend #3
The romper
Found here

Found here

Thank for your help, my lovelies!

5 comments:

Lou said...

i love the long dresses!! they are so cute, and i love rompers. This town isnt so fashion forward either i feel like im dressing up when i wear a dress...umm some dresses are not dress up material idk. i say go for it!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

i love maxi dresses and rompers. i know the oxford shoe look is in, but it isn't my style. i'm more girly.

Jordan Cole said...

Maxi dresses are adorable, I don't wear them because they are a little much of one pattern, but what I want to try is the maxi skirt that I can pair with a tank and a necklace! I've tried on the oxfords a million times but never took the plunge and rompers are adorable as well, I have one I loveeeeee but it hits bad on my thighs so I don't wear it.

Samantha said...

I love rompers! My body is a little too curvy for them, so I don't wear them. Maxi dresses are great with some nice sandals or wedges. I wear them from time to time. They are really made for any figure.
Oxfords...I wore those in the 3rd grade. I don't even know what would look good in my closet with them.

Wild and Precious said...

I love love love maxi dresses and rompers. I think oxfords look so cute on certain people but they just don't work on me.