I've been down in the desert having a Texas-sized summer for a little over a month now.
I am truly loving my time here with Al. I'm even enjoying the leisure life-style.
But I miss Minnesota. A LOT.
Things I Miss:
~My friends
~Twins games at Target Field
~The color green
~Spending time at Morning Star on Rice Lake
~Or at Oma's on Cross Lake
~Or really any lake at all
~Boating & fishing
~Spending time with family
~Bonfires and Brats
~Rooftop cocktails at Seven
~4-Wheelers & Mudding
~A warm, clean summer rain
~Shopping and Bar-hopping in Uptown
Now that I've officially given myself a little home-sickness, I'm going to remind myself of the wonderful things I have here in Texas.
Good Things in Texas:
~My loving husband
~New Army friends
~Hot weather
~My own place
~Learning new hobbies I finally have time for
~Mexican food & margaritas
~Lots & lots of swimming pools
~Did I mention my loving husband?
2 comments:
I don't think the homesickness ever goes away. Anytime I see or hear something that reminds me of home I feel a little tug on my heartstrings.
Um...do you know why I also miss half the things you miss from MN? Because you're the only one I can do those things with. Like drinks on the Seven rooftop! :(
Come home soon. We'll go to a Twins game, get drinks, have a bonfire and steal Andy's boat for lake time. Not necessarily in that order though.
Bring Al...I bet he'd be mad if I stole you back :)
Post a Comment