Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Shopping Spree

You may have noticed that I am unhappy with my current summer wardrobe.
Being unhappy with my body and current fitness routine doesn't help.
Mostly though, I blame it on being from Minnesota. We have gorgeous, warm summers, but I can almost always get away with short and tees converted from spring-to summer-to fall with no problem. I have a great professional wardrobe and a fun fall-winter clothing style, but never worked too hard to update my summer style.

That just doesn't fly down here. My shorts and tanks are the only thing I'm comfortable in, and yet, I want to utilize my extra time this summer to increase my style.

After another week of mourning my sad, pathetic summer wardrobe, I decided to take action. I picked up some great finds and didn't spend too much money.

Bargain bin nail polish in lemon, chrome and mint.
Lion Tank - From Forever 21
The proceeds go to World Wildlife Fund.
{I can't tell you how much I love love love this tank!}
Lime green feather tee & multi stripe henley tank
Belted Chambray Mini Skirt
Lt. Pink pleated mini skirt
Linen cuffed cargo shorts
Lace & Linen Fedora
I've been wanting to try the spin pins for a while. I was surprised how expensive they were ($5.88 for a pack of 2) but decided to give it a try anyway.
The side-bun (held with 2 spin pins) and my new fedora were the perfect cover for a bad hair day.

4 comments:

JG said...

Love it! I wish I had a wardrobe budget this summer so I could go along in your wake picking up your style tips!

erika said...

Love the nail polish colors! I wish I could pull off hats like you, too.

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

i bought those spin pins, but they never worked in my hair, since it's thick :( your hair looks cute with them!

Jordan Cole said...

Love that Fedora (I told you that though) and I love spin pins, I can't wait to use them again when my hair gets longer. I loved basically everything, so I probably shouldn't name them all individually but those skirts are to die for. I get all of my tanks at Forever 21 or Target, they do not break the bank!