Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Goals Monday: Late Edition

It's Monday erm, Tuesday and it's that time again. But instead of going back over the entire list, I am going to review only those tasks that haven't yet been completed. This list is just too much muckety-muck to keep posting every task. If you want to review the older lists ('cause my life is so interesting, right?!? Bah!) you can do so by clicking the "Summer Goals" label in the sidebar.

Here is the list:

2. Work on my long-paper
(Ultimate Goal: complete research and first draft by summer-end to be reviewed by Prof.)
Progress: Downloaded software to organize research. Created research map so I can get started. Started preliminary research and created long-term research plan. Completed preliminary research.

{I'm losing steam on this task, mostly because the topic I wanted to write is no longer getting me excited. I might re-visit topics with a professor and change course a bit. Either way, the research I have done so far has been helpful and definitely cut down on the amount of work this fall.}

3. Learn how to cook at least a week-worth of meals
Progress - - Learned the following meals:
~Turkey meat balls in marinara
~Shrimp & Feta Stuffed Zucchini
~Homemade greek pizza
~Tuna & cream corn casserole
~Frozen Low-Fat Reese Peanut Butter Pie (I know it's a dessert, but it is amazing!)
~Key Lime Bars
~Crab & asparagus salad
~Tuna & Mushroom casserole

4. Get my conceal-and-carry permit

8. Read 10 books from my reading list
Read: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

10. Put together list of employment opportunities for my return to MN
Progress: Started compiling job options today after I posted my resume. I pulled two jobs in particular that I will apply to this week. I will also e-mail a couple of attorneys I know and try options there.

11. Volunteer with an on-post organization
Progress: Attended two FRG events.

12. Get another tattoo

13. Find bike trails in El Paso and start riding a bike
It didn't make sense to purchase a bike here in El Paso, when I have a bike back home. So, I decided to fix-up & safety-check my bike at home and start riding on the trails behind my parents' house.

14. Volunteer with a community-based organization (off-post)
Progress: Missed ACS meeting two weeks ago due to our Colorado trip. I will be revisiting volunteer opportunities. Also looking into a two-week Habitat build in Minnesota when I return.

15. Renew my CPR and First Aid certifications
I finally found the person I need to call to set this up.

19. Determine a solid work-out routine
(Ultimate goal: lose 20 lbs, tone muscle and re-gain strength & flexibility)
Progress: Completed work-out calendar. Took photos, measurements and weighed in. Created charts to track progress and food. Started 25-day work-out plan.

20. Get boudoir photos taken

21. Determine my final-year game-plan

22. Put together Shutterfly wedding album
Shutterfly photos ordered and sent to my parents house. I am thinking of making an engagement/wedding scrapbook rather then just an album of photos. Plus, I want to leave room for the photos from our big reception next year.

24. Practice and re-new my German knowledge

These two will be completed when we get to Colorado. It didn't make much sense to work on these projects when our El Paso home will be packed up and moved in a few short months. Instead, I will have plenty of great projects when I get there.
18. Sew covers for couch pillows
23. Make new headboard

No comments: