Thursday, February 9, 2012

Random Thoughts {and a song!}

I recently started the envelope system for tracking my budget. Not because I had major budget concerns - actually quite the contrary. I simply wanted to tighten my belt just a little more in order to save for some big, fun things coming up in my life. 
So far, I have learned two things: 
(1) It is helpful to have the envelopes with you when purchases are being made and 
(2) If you are going to leave the envelopes at home, do not leave them on the same counter as your homemade lunch


---O---O---O---O---


Do you remember when I told you how talented my husband is? 
Well, this weekend he decided he wanted to make us a headboard. Ya know, 'cause he has all that extra time on his hands...

Less than $50 later, we have a brand new (faux-leather) headboard...
Seriously. Awesome.
(Don't mind the stripped-down bed. Everything is basically packed for the move.)

---O---O---O---O---


Finally, for the What's Your Song Link-up...



A lovely ditty from my favorite bad-boy, Adam Levine. I always liked Maroon 5, but ever since I started watching The Voice, I just cannot get enough. Yum.
Enjoy!

7 comments:

Kaylee said...

Loving the headboard!!!!

And we try to use the envelope system...those are some great lessons to learn...I've been there too :)

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing- I love it!! He is a hottie!

Chelle said...

I have an excel budget that I use for bills. In it you auto save money. I am working on instructions but it's simple and easy to use. You can add in whatever bills you want to, but it's up to you to track. You give yourself an estimate, then input actual. The difference you put in savings :)

Natalie said...

headboard looks great!! your hubby did a fantastic job. DIY tasks are the best!

The Keyes Family said...

wow he did an awesome job on that headboar! isn't it nice to have a husbnad that can do and make and fix stuff! mine amazes me from time to time. good song pick.

Sam said...

o.m.g. I love that headboard! I am in serious need of a headboard for my bed.

Denise Pacurar said...

OMG!! Your husband is so talented!!! This headboard is amazing!! This would be soo expensive if you bought it at a store!

<3 Denise

http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/