I am someone who functions well in an education setting. I enjoy learning. I thrive on mental stimulation and challenging my cerebral function. But, after spending seven years (and way too much money) getting my degrees, I'm ready for a break from the organized educational setting. Instead, I want to find ways this year to stimulate my mind on my own.
I plan to do that in three ways:
1. Read. I am going to read one new book each month. I continue to add to my list when I run across a book that interests me and I clip reviews from magazines or articles online recommending new reads on a regular basis.
2. Build skills. I want to take a German class at a nearby University. I've got more than enough money in my MyCaa account, so I might as well use it to build on skills I already have. I want to become fluent in German. I may sign up for some small business classes or entrepreneurial courses as well. The focus is on business building and fun, rather than a particular degree.
3. Teach. I am certified as a tutor here in Colorado. I want to tutor at least 2 students this year. I am working on getting trained as an AFTB instructor on post. I plan to have that complete by March.

No comments:
Post a Comment