Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Few Quick Things

I just wanted to stop in (amid a whirlwind catch-up after spending my Sunday hovered over my toilet with a serious stomach bug) and remind you a few big things going on in the blog-world.

Today is the day for first-round voting for Military Spouse of the Year! This is first time I've participated in voting (for no particular reason) and there are so many amazing ladies nominated. You can only vote once per email address and the voting is only open today - so take 5 minutes of your lunch break/kiddo's nap/down time and head over to check it out! 

My personal favorites: 
Lori Volkman, long time mil-spouse and MSJDN board member who is a fierce advocate for military spouse's wishing to pursue higher education and professional careers. Check out her FB profile.

Jacqueline Goodrich, wounded warrior spouse whose support for wounded warrior families is unsurpassable! She was a personal inspiration early in my blogging career, encouraging my to continue the path! Check out here FB profile here.

(My honorable mention, since I only have two email addresses with which to vote) Angela Caban, Founder of Homefront United Network and avid mil-spouse advocate and all-around sweet lady! Her FB profile is here.

Second, today is the only day for Jantastic Swagbucks opportunities. 

If you do not already follow me on Facebook, I have one especially good reason why you should - every couple of weeks I post a note with a list of giveaways I find around the web. Some I enter, some I don't - but all of them are great opportunities for you to find new blogs to read and win free stuff!

Finally, stay tuned this week for a couple great posts: a review of NEOChalk Chalk Pens; a peek at my new coffee bar; and another look at my 2013 goals.

Happy Tuesday-that-feels-like-a-Monday to y'all!

No comments: