Monday, April 22, 2013

Our Dining Room

Some shots of our "finished" dining room.  The dining room is off the main room, tucked behind the main floor half-bath. It's a somewhat open floor plan, so you can walk through either side of the room. (You can see the living room in the background. The other direction is the kitchen.) 

I wanted the room to look breezy and cozy. Nothing extensive, just a nice place to sit and enjoy a meal with company. The table is "on loan" from a friend who said we could use it while we stored it for him. We're looking for a similar table as a long-term solution. 

I did a photo wall opposite the windows, with the table centered under the light fixture. A simple table vignette and a couple place mats really pulled it together. 
 A better view of the photo wall. I'm not totally happy since it's black and tan and we did this room in brown, blue and white. For now, though, I'm glad to have things up on the walls!
The center piece. Flowers, a candle and some candies in a milkglass vignette.
"Action shot" - We've really enjoyed the coziness of eating in the dining room together.
  The details: 
Curtains & curtain rod - Lowe's (clearance) / Silver platter and all milk glass - thrifted / Place mats - Kohls
Table - Pottery Barn (on loan)  

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love your dining room, it's very homey. :)