I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about what goals I wanted to lay out for 2014. After throwing around some specific ideas (lose weight, learn how to sew, read X number of books, etc...) and tossing around some one-word goals for the year, I decided that none of that was really going to work for me.
2014 is going to be such a huge year for us, with the arrival of our little girl and the transition out of the Army. My career is going to continue to be a focus and learning how to navigate parenthood is going to take our remaining energy. Goal-setting and the follow-up seem much too daunting.
For 2014, I'm not setting any goals. I'm not putting any pressure on myself to check-in. I'm not going to hold myself accountable for any goals that take away from my other priorities. This year is going to be hard (wonderfully, blissfully hard) enough, without those added expectations. And, frankly, those other priorities, those are my goals for 2014.
So instead of setting goals, I'm going to make memories. Hopefully, I'll grab my camera and capture those memories. Pictures of my beautiful husband with our baby girl. Pictures of new places and fun adventures. Pictures of the little moments that make motherhood so damn special. I can't promise I'll do much with those pictures. I can't even promise that I'll always remember to bring the camera. But I can promise this: 2014 will be a year of memories that I will never, ever forget.
1 comment:
I like this. :)
Post a Comment