It's already two weeks into 2014 and I have yet to reflect on 2013. Blah blah blah.
What can I say other than the fact that 2013 was BU-SY an with all the change my little family is going through I just haven't slowed down enough to put this in writing.
Nevertheless, as I gear up to solidify my 2014 goals, I need to review those I set for myself last year.
Rather than break them down and nitpick all the areas I failed to accomplish those goals, I'm going to highlight the things I did well. Then, I want to review my favorite experiences from this year and look at my 2013 blog stats.
January 1, 2013 I stopped smoking. I'm proud to say that I haven't had a cigarette since. Sure, I've had the extra motivation of pregnancy to keep that goal in line, but I'm so happy I was able to quit cold-turkey and walk away altogether. Hopefully, 2014 is the year that Al does the same.
I learned many new skills last year. I became an AFTB instructor. I got my Finance Securities 6 and 63 licensing. And...I got my first law firm job! I would consider that my biggest accomplishment of 2013 - one that makes up for the lack of progress made in other areas. I LOVE my job and am learning new things every day.
We worked on the house. A lot.
We renovated the upstairs guest bathroom. We pulled the carpet on two of the three floors, which were replaced with hardwood. We finished the basement bathroom, landscaped the front lawn and refinished the deck. We still have a long way to go in the house, but that's easier with a baby around, right?! (ha!)
We had many travel adventures. I went to Las Vegas for my best friends' bachelorette party. I traveled to Minnesota for the wedding itself. Al spent October in Minnesota to help his dad on the farm. We both have visited many great sites here in Colorado - from Breckenridge to Steamboat Springs - and hope to continue those adventures in the coming year. I attended my first (and likely only) Army Ball.
And perhaps the most exciting adventure of 2013 was finding out we were pregnant with our first child - a little girl - due this coming March. The last part of 2013 has been consumed with preparation of both our hearts and home for her arrival. Figuring out how to balance motherhood and my career and Al transitioning from Army life to the civilian world have been huge focuses of the last year.
As for this little blog...once July 2013 hit (and news of my job and the baby surfaced within days of each other) my priorities shifted away from the blog and onto real life. I simply didn't have the time, energy, or desire to blog during much of the second half of 2013. And that's OK.
That said, I hope 2014 is even half the adventure that 2013 was. And I hope to do a better job of sharing it with the rest of you!
Rather than break them down and nitpick all the areas I failed to accomplish those goals, I'm going to highlight the things I did well. Then, I want to review my favorite experiences from this year and look at my 2013 blog stats.
January 1, 2013 I stopped smoking. I'm proud to say that I haven't had a cigarette since. Sure, I've had the extra motivation of pregnancy to keep that goal in line, but I'm so happy I was able to quit cold-turkey and walk away altogether. Hopefully, 2014 is the year that Al does the same.
I learned many new skills last year. I became an AFTB instructor. I got my Finance Securities 6 and 63 licensing. And...I got my first law firm job! I would consider that my biggest accomplishment of 2013 - one that makes up for the lack of progress made in other areas. I LOVE my job and am learning new things every day.
We worked on the house. A lot.
We renovated the upstairs guest bathroom. We pulled the carpet on two of the three floors, which were replaced with hardwood. We finished the basement bathroom, landscaped the front lawn and refinished the deck. We still have a long way to go in the house, but that's easier with a baby around, right?! (ha!)
We had many travel adventures. I went to Las Vegas for my best friends' bachelorette party. I traveled to Minnesota for the wedding itself. Al spent October in Minnesota to help his dad on the farm. We both have visited many great sites here in Colorado - from Breckenridge to Steamboat Springs - and hope to continue those adventures in the coming year. I attended my first (and likely only) Army Ball.
And perhaps the most exciting adventure of 2013 was finding out we were pregnant with our first child - a little girl - due this coming March. The last part of 2013 has been consumed with preparation of both our hearts and home for her arrival. Figuring out how to balance motherhood and my career and Al transitioning from Army life to the civilian world have been huge focuses of the last year.
As for this little blog...once July 2013 hit (and news of my job and the baby surfaced within days of each other) my priorities shifted away from the blog and onto real life. I simply didn't have the time, energy, or desire to blog during much of the second half of 2013. And that's OK.
That said, I hope 2014 is even half the adventure that 2013 was. And I hope to do a better job of sharing it with the rest of you!
2 comments:
Here is to an amazing 2014! :)
It was a big year for you guys, and this year will be awesome, too!
Post a Comment