Monday, March 22, 2010

Allodoxaphobia

Learned this word today.

The fear of other's opinions

Anxiety Matters.com explains it further:

The fear of opinions
Opinion phobia
The fear of confrontation
The fear of arguments

My fear is not affecting my daily life, but it is certainly real. Right now, I am very fearful of the decisions our country is making. I am terrified about what is to come. The country will not fall to ruins at my feet, but it will change forever. I just hope the changes are good ones.

Regardless, right now I am afraid and I don't think they have any pills for it! Maybe I'll find a support group or something. In the meantime, I'm off to the gym, which should help.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Minus my opinion on your opinions of what's currently going on, I have to say this:
I'm so proud of you for acknowledging that you have this fear. :)