Monday, March 14, 2011

Oddly Ill

On Saturday night, we had the Law School Blackacre Ball.
We jokingly call it Law School Prom, because everyone gets dressed up fancy and goes dancing. However, this event includes drinking and other debauchery. And a whole lot of fun!

Towards the end of the night, I started feeling sick.
I had been drinking, but not an irresponsible amount. I had eaten a big meal and was spreading out my drinks. It was weird that I got sick, but I equated it to a combination of the drinking and motion sickness (from the "sober bus" that brought us back to campus after the party.)

Sunday I felt OK. Mostly tired and low-energy, but not hungover in any real way.
I ate some healthy meals and stayed in to work on homework.
Last night, around 9PM, I started feeling sick again. This time, mostly headachy and really warm throughout my body. I hit the sack early hoping to kick it before it started.

And here I sit, in bed and running a mild fever.
I am mostly just extremely tired and feverish, switching between the sweats and the shivers.
I am finally shaking it, I think, and I am going to try to make it to my evening class.
Still, I can't help but wonder if this illness was actually a few days in the making.
And since it's not really in line with the flu or a cold or any other recognizable illness, I can only suspect that lots of rest, Vitamin C and fluids will be the cure.
Here's hoping because I have WAY too much to do this week to be laid up past today.