I just finished watching the finale of Season 5 of Army Wives.
First off: I LOVED this episode.
Purely fantastic.
But I kind of feel like it's over.
The entire series, not just the season.
And I feel like that's OK.
I feel content that the story and the characters were resolved.
They ended much like the came in: all of them, loving a supporting each other, enjoying the ceremony of the Army life, and hopeful that the future holds beautiful things for all of them.
Really, what's left?
Do they need to do any more?
Sure, there are some questions.
Even General Holden asked what the future holds for them.
But isn't that how Army life is?
You don't always know.You don't know where you're going or what life has in store at the next post, or the next tour, or even after the Army.
To me, tonights episode was the perfect amount of love, pride, family and uncertainty that the real Army life provides. To me, the show has completed its mission.
{Of course, I'll probably tune into Season 6. It IS Army Wives after all. They did say it would blow us away.}
5 comments:
Haven't watched it yet, but I know I'll be bummed when it does end - one way or another.
Found your blog while surfing for other military spouse blogs! Now following you on FB!
It's not over! I'm from Charleston where the series is shot and a lot of people I know work as extras. They ended it that way because at the time they didn't know if there would be another season or not because of finances. Turns out they'll be able to though and there will be another season.
Personally, I don't know how they'll come back from this! I really enjoyed the ending of this season though. I really enjoyed the "happy" ending for everyone. Being in the Army myself, I totally get you on the unpredictable aspect of the Army!
Thanks for sharing!
I am anxious to see what the next season holds.. although, i think it'll only be the "6 months" before the 23rd gets disbanded.. I thought tonights episode was the end, as well.
I just finished it and cried my way through it.
I completely agree. A fwe episodes ago I was worried about where Army Wives was headed, but the finale was amazing!
(I completely lost it while watching it too! :/ Apparently crying is all I can manage to do lately. haha)
But yes, I'm super excited for the next season!
Post a Comment