The last few days have been ridiculously hot here in Texas.
It gets over 100 and doesn't drop below that until after 10PM.
The biggest challenge I found is how hard it is to dress cute and still be comfortable in that kind of heat. I couldn't even imagine if I was working in a professional setting down here and had to wear suits to work. Or, like Al, wear camo and a lot of extra gear.
So, I've been on the hunt for cute clothes suitable for hot weather.
I ran across these skirts. They are everywhere and are SO cute.
I could throw one on with a simple tank, cute sandals and a bold necklace and be good for the entire day or even a dinner out.



What do you think?
5 comments:
Very cute! I need more skirts/dresses in my wardrobe. Something other than the same 3 pairs of shorts rotated over and over. :p
these are so pretty!
These are super cute...you may wanna lean more towards cotton or cotton blends...synthecis don't breathe and will stick to you legs. Look for summer weight cottons. Here in Texas "cute" ceases to be a huge factor...not melting becomes the main condern...Here in DFW we are not dropping below 98 even during the night...We got notification yesterday that my electric company will begin rolling black out between 2pm-7pm within the next few weeks. First the are seeking volunteers, then it will become mandatory.
...also you may wanns consider a less full skirt. I understand El Paso is windy...someone recently told me they felt sand blasted when they returned from training in El Paso. A straight skirt or something with less pleats, you could sew fish weights in hem...otherthise you will spend most of your time holding onto your skirt for dear life to keep it from being up over your head.
Cute!
Post a Comment