I am so tired of procrastination. From myself.
I'm not an absolute-last-minute procrastinator (anymore - I pulled many all-nighters in college) but I do work better under pressure. And I can likely always find something I'd rather be doing (like Blogging...)
Now that I'm so close to the end (265 days to Graduation if my count-down is accurate) I feel like it's really a disservice to make this year that stressful. It doesn't have to be stressful, so why so I make it so simply because I like to put things off?
After reading this article on LIfe...Your Way today, I decided that enough is enough.
This means, I'm sure, that I'll have to plan study hours every. single. day. but so what?
I can schedule each evening for reading, writing, breaks and even include time for Blogging and TV as long as I play my cards right. I also plan on including work-out times and expected sleep hours (because I tend to fail at giving myself time for that too!)
I know. I know. Scheduling that much of your life sounds ridiculous. But the third year of law school is supposed to be about getting real-life experience, working, trying technical skills and balancing other aspects of your life with your schooling. 3L is supposed to be less-stressful.
And I don't want the reason I am stressed over it to be my own damn fault.
I want to enjoy these 9 months, be able to travel and have a guilt-free social life, explore jobs and networking in Colorado and be healthier, happier then I have been for the last two years. Really, there is no time like the present to get off my "but" and do what needs to be done.
3 comments:
Seems like a lovely goal :) And now, thanks to you, I am motivated to strive harder and stop procrastinating so much :b
Have a lovely week girl!
Good luck! I would love to know how you manage to plan it all out - it's day 1 of grad school for me and I'm already feeling like I don't have enough time (so I am blogging. Obviously.)
If anyone can do it, you can! And I know you can. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic 3L!
Post a Comment