Monday, July 2, 2012

12 in 2012: Month in Review

The month of June was consumed with bar review, three field trainings, hot temps, and wildfires. Needless to say, productivity on my 12 was not high on the priority list. I still wanted to check with any progress that was made, just to stay consistent.

1. Speak up.
No worries here.

2. Spend less.
I have done well with this, although did buy a few summery items early in the month. Until I get a job, I will not be doing any more shopping that isn't absolutely necessary. 

3. Spread the Love.
I tried to send a few b-day and other cards to friends and family, but did not do much more than that. 

4. Snap it.
I am not doing well on this. I always forget to bring my camera with me, so I miss photo ops. Still, I'm trying to stay on top of my album on Facebook

5. Spice it Up.
We did great on this one! We made:
White Chicken Enchiladas
Beef Burgundy Stew
Baked Rueben Dip
Sweet Potato Fries
I have all of these pinned on my food board
We also made an array of other recipes that I did not find online. I may post some of those when/if I get a spare moment.

6. Sweat.
I don't want to talk about it... ha!

7. Stamp It.
Once I get a job, this is one of the first purchases on my list. Stay tuned...

8. See the Sights.
Al and I like to go on spur-of-the-moment drives, usually with ice cream in tow, and check out the surroundings. Granted we don't do much on those drives, but it does allow us to experience our neighborhood. We plan on going to the Renaissance Festival before it leaves, and are planning a Denver trip to the brewery soon! 

9. Style it.
I started a weekly fashion segment to help with professional style and document some outfits, now that I closed down my fashion blog. Check those out here. Find my fashion inspiration here.

10. Save space.
I have not done a lot of organization this month, because I have been busy studying. Also, the house is pretty well put-together and does not need much updating. 

11. Slow down. & 12. Sleep more.
I have been trying to adjust my schedule to match Al's, so I am up and productive before 6AM, but my body is not used to to going to be before 10PM. I'm starting to get the hang of it, but it has been a rough go.

No comments: