Thursday, July 19, 2012

Finding Solace in Photography: A Guest Post by Holly Robertson


When I posted a call for guest bloggers on Facebook, Holly stepped right up and offered. I was grateful to have her perspective and thankful she is here today to share her story. I am continually inspired by entrepreneurial women, like Holly, who took her passion and turned it into a successful business! Kudos, Holly and welcome to my blog! 
Check out her blog here and her business here
___________________________________________

Mel from Head in the Game Heart in the Sand asked me to do a guest post, and I'm so excited to be here! I'm new reading her blog, but it's something I look forward to when I'm online.
She only asked two things;
That I write about something I am passionate about.
And That I keep it stress free.

Not much in my life these days is stress free. I work two jobs and own my own business.

While that can be a stress into it's self sometimes I just sit back and remind myself why I am doing what I am, what I am passionate about!

The answer is simple. I LOVE Photography. I love the creativity, and the technical side... But most of all I adore creating something Beautiful that I get to share! Be that the fine art side or the portraiture, I love it all. I am one hell of a lucky woman. I am doing my DREAM job. It's happening, and I am Making it Happen. I really am a professional photographer. It's kind of amazing really. Ever since I was small I have owned a camera and I have always loved to be the one taking the photos. A little shy, a little of a shutterbug. My mom has also always been really into genealogy. So I learned early to appreciate the process of documenting lives through photography. 100 years from now, how will people remember you?

I love getting lost in my work. Some nights Eric will come into the office to tell me he's going to bed and I realize I've been editing for HOURS. Some people clean or run when they are stressed I head straight for my computer and photoshop. Maybe not the healthiest, but It's whats best for me. Plus you get to see lovely images like the ones below.






No comments: