Sunday, August 5, 2012

12 in 2012: Month in Review

This month was relatively unproductive since I was focused on the bar exam for the larger portion of it. That said, I need to keep up on my reflections so I know what areas to work on for the month of August (which is already 5 days in...Oops!)

1. Speak up.
This was fine. In fact, I don't think this needs to be an ongoing goal at this point. Once I figured out how to balance and only commit myself to things I really want to be a part (and have time for) it has been easy to keep up on the goal.

2. Spend less.
I did great on my budget in July, so much so that I was able to spend a little money last week on a couple great work pieces from Kohls. I got: a colorblock shift dress, a floral shift dress, a khaki pencil skirt (replacing an older, worn version in my closet) and a pretty necklace. I also stopped at a few garage sales and found another 3 pieces of jewlery. The whole day cost $90!

3. Spread the Love.
Nope. Time to fix that...

4. Snap it.
Keeping up on my album on Facebook was difficult this month because, well, pictures of the same books for three weeks is not very enthralling. And I didn't really do much else.

5. Spice it Up.
Al and I have been doing a great job with creating a meal plan each month and trying new recipes throughout. Last month, we tried Spinach & Pepperjack Stuffed Chicken, among others.

6. Sweat.
I kept up with Al for over two straight weeks on a hard-core training workout. Then I took a week off for the bar exam and I just haven't gotten back into it. Al has been nursing a minor injury and reserving his energy for PT and work. It is difficult for me to organize and discipline myself through a workout without him to help! But really, those are all excuses - time to change that!!

7. Stamp It.
This will still happen, but since we have recently made some big purchases (ahem, a house!) we are putting off any unnecessary purchases until we've got our new budget settled.

8. See the Sights.
Once again, this was put off while I studied. Hopefully that can change again now that I am back to a regular schedule.

9. Style it.
I continued the Fashion Friday installment, but took a few weeks off for the bar. (This is getting redundant!) I plan to whip up some great new fashion posts in the month of August! Find my fashion inspiration here.

10. Save space.
No more major org projects will be done until we get settled in to our new place in September. I have purchased a few cool pieces at auctions recently and both of them will need a facelift. I will try to share those projects this month, if possible.

11. Slow down. & 12. Sleep more.
This wasn't exactly a "slow down and sleep" month, but I should be back to a normal-ish schedule this month and will put this back on the list of priorities.

No comments: