August flew by. Which is funny (as in interest, not "ha ha") because July might very well have been the longest month of my life! Even so, September is here and I am going to enjoy the long weekend by visiting the Colorado State Fair and spending time with friends. Before I run off to have all that fun, I wanted to check in on my monthly goals:
1. Speak up.
This is continuing along fine. I probably won't even check in on this any more this year!
2. Spend less.
We have no choice but to spend less. We just bought a house and my new job isn't cutting a check until November. I have purchased a few things here and there, mostly off clearance racks or at thrift stores, but mostly I have not purchased anything that we didn't need for the house!
3. Spread the Love.
I have, once again, been terrible at this during the month of August. I did run a few great giveaways for my bloggy-loves, but I have not been very good about sending little notes to my friends and family back home.
Resolution: change that, ASAP!
Resolution: change that, ASAP!
4. Snap it.
I have been back-tracking with some photos here and there, to fill in some of the gaps. I am nowhere near the goal, but I still intend, by the end of the year, I will have 365 photos in my album on Facebook.
5. Spice it Up.
We have been making so many new recipes! This month, we made a great turkey and egg noodle casserole and we've been really into soups. Al made a great beef n' barley soup and split pea soup (my favorite!) I finally tweaked my zucchini muffin recipe enough and am getting it right every time. I found a vanilla glaze recipe to make them more dessert-like for special occasions. It was a big hit!
6. Sweat.
Not happening. No shame.
7. Stamp It.
Still waiting to get my bar results!
8. See the Sights.
We have not gotten out to see local sites much this month. With the house, the new job and so many other things, we just haven't had the time. Hopefully that will change a bit this fall!
9. Style it.
This is going fine. I am continuing my Fashion Friday series and enjoy incorporating my passion for fashion with this beloved blog. Find my fashion inspiration here.
10. Save space.
Right now, my focus is on packing and moving, which always requires me to do a big purge of my closet and the rest of the house. I have done a great job of getting rid of things we don't need and either selling or donating them.
11. Slow down. 12. Sleep more.
Check and check. At least as much as anyone can.
No comments:
Post a Comment