Monday, September 10, 2012

Mel's Favorite Gadgets, Books, & Eats


Today, I started easy and put together a round-up of my favorite things (of the season). I hope you enjoy!

My favorite gadgets

BBW Candles, especially Autumn and Fresh Balsam (as winter rolls around.)
Or, as an alternative, flameless candles which are perfect for lanterns and hard-to-reach places. No need to worry if you forget to put them out when  you got to bed or leave the house! 
These acrylic trays and drawers for stacking, from the Container Store. I can't wait to reorganize my makeup and bathroom supplies in a pretty way using these trays.
The Ninja Master kitchen blender set. We picked ours up at Sam's Club for about $50 (big steal!) and we've used for everything from smoothies to chopping veggies and baking ingredients. We were able to get rid of our chopper and our older-model blender and replace it with the 5-piece set. Best money I've spent in a very long time!

Splurges

A pair of green Hunter boots

This dress from Spiegel - perfect for a night out, but still elegant enough for a work event or dinner party with a client.

My favorite books
My favorite eats 
Cheesy Potato Soup - Warm, hearty, & filling.
Coffee ice cubes in a cup of Baileys. Add in a fireplace and this is a wonderful fall drink!
For a sweet and healthy treat, caramel apple cake.

Up tomorrow: part 1 of my list of budget and money resources!

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

Ok, now I want fall. Right now. With cheesy potato soup and caramel apple cake. YUM! And the ninja chopping set thing? Sweet! I think I'm really gonna like your round-up posts :)

Jessica said...

The Ninja was the best thing I ever bought for our kitchen! Love it. Also, I'm obsessed with BBW candles right now. A little on the expensive side, but so so fragrent. Lastly, I really wish I could drink that Bailey's drink.

I'm loving this list idea. Excited to see what's to come!