Monday, March 4, 2013

2013 Goals Review

In know February is a short month, but I am still shocked by how quickly it flew by! Now that March has begun it is time to look back at my goals and how I achieved them during February.

Expand Mind
1. Did I read at least 1 book? Yes. I read "Basic Black" by Cathie Black (review to come!)
2. Did I develop any skills? I have done a lot of shadowing new classes at the gym so I can be more versatile. I also became certified as an AFTB instructor so I can lead classes on post. (Details here.)
3. Did I teach/tutor at least 1 child? I did not tutor this month, but I took on another new class at the gym to coach.

Increase Wealth
1. Did I payoff any debt? Yes! We paid off our smallest debt this month!
2. Did I increase ER savings? No. This actually took a big hit this month. I had to pay quite a few registrations/fees for my licenses and a few expenses for my upcoming trip. We have a plan to counteract that now that we paid off some debt.
3. Did I increase additional savings? Yes. I increased the amount by about $30 this month.

Advance Career
1. Did I attend at least 1 event? Yes. I attended 2 different meetings/events.
2. Did I write at least 1 article? Not personally, but I participated in an interview with Kaye at Successful Military Wife. (Details here.) 
3. Did I make steps toward finding a mentor? I am currently working on an application for a mentor through the Young Professionals division of the chamber.

Enhance Home
1. Did we make progress on the guest bath/bedroom? We finished the guest bath and started clearing out the guest bedroom.
2. Did we make progress on clearing the Radon? No progress per se, but we did price out the process so when we're ready to move we can do so.
3. Did we make progress on the outdoor projects? Small steps. We drew up plans and priced all the materials. We have started a garden indoors that will be moved outside when the ground de-freezes. We are also researching the best ways to revive our grass.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on paying off debt, it's such an amazing feeling.

Michelle said...

Okay, so I'm probably the only one, but I totally want to hear more about the radon stuff as we have to find someone to check our system. But, it does sound like a productive month considering you got a new dog, too!!

JG said...

Yay progress! We paid off our smallest debt last month too!