Yesterday, Google announced that Reader will be going the way of Elvis, John Denver, and Princess Di - leaving the world too soon. (Ok, that was a little melo-dramatic.) It always bugs me when something I like (and use constantly) makes a major change, causing my plans for the day to be turned upside-down. It's almost noon and most of my morning was spent setting up Bloglovin' and exporting my Google Reader (over 200 blogs!) into my new feed. Ultimately, it's totally up to Google to make this decision, but it still rains on my parade.
Anyway, I have switched to Bloglovin (like many other bloggers) and if you wish to continue to receive updates from my blog, you must follow my blog with Bloglovin.
You can also follow on my Facebook page, which is updated with my posts, though not always immediately. Finally, those of you with Google accounts, can still follow through GFC and view posts in your Blogger reader (I believe; someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
I will say that the few hours I spent on Bloglovin' organizing, purging, and refreshing the reader was great. I like the interface and how it is set up. I like that I can get my blog stats in an easy way, but don't have to follow my own blog for updates. If you're a blogger and would like to make the switch, but don't like Bloglovin', here are some other options. My only complaint so far is that it will only let me connect my Facebook through my personal page, rather than the blog page - so for now that will remain unlinked.
Hop over and check it out and have a great Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment