Spring is a wonderful season. Crisp, cool evenings where you can sleep with the window open and warm, breezy days. Flowers are everywhere and the air is clean and fresh. But one of difficulties of spring-time weather is that choosing work attire can be challenging.
For one, spring is usually rainy season. For two, morning commute temps and afternoon meeting temps are drastically different, as are outdoor and indoor temps. That's why having the right essentials and dressing in layers is vital when crafting your spring work wardrobe.
Today, I've compiled what I consider to be work-wear essentials for spring weather, regardless of the type of job you have or environment in which you work, these pieces should make your day-to-day easier and leave your closet refreshed (just like spring!)
The Clothes:
A trench coat - Yes, it's the timeless classic everyone should own anyway, but during spring, it's even more true. A twill version will provide warmth when necessary, but not too much as temps climb throughout the day. It's always a neutral color that can be layered on top of anything.
Stripes - It's a great pattern that can be paired and layered. The options are virtually endless and this spring there have been some vertical stripe options in addition to the traditional horizontal stripe. Put a collared shirt under a striped lightweight sweater and you should be comfy all day.
A-line skirt - It is the perfect way to transition to warmer weather and if the length is right, you can even skip the pantyhose (major plus!) Get it in a neutral that can be paired with a bright top or in a daring color that can be toned down with a classic blazer.
A flowy blouse - The perfect layering essential that transitions smoothly from the warm lunch hour to the formal, afternoon meeting. Get it in one of the hot spring colors: mint, tangerine, lemon, and pair with slack and matching jacket or a lightweight grey suit.
(tailor & stylist)
Other Essentials:
A cute umbrella - I can't tell you how many times I've been running from appointment to appointment and all of the sudden it starts raining. It wasn't even in the forecast! After getting caught wet and frustrated a few times, I started carrying an umbrella in my car, and another, more compact one, in my work bag.
Rain Shoes - Oftentimes, I wear flip flops or another rain-resistant shoe during my commute (and for my coffee stop) and then throw on my pumps when I reach the office. That way, I'm less likely to step in a puddle (and, let's face it, I'm more comfortable for a longer time.) If it's going to be very rainy, I'll even wear my rain boots.
(aeropostale)
Sunglasses - Whether it's simply a sunny spring day, or the sun is peeking out after a rainfall, that bright glare can make running around difficult. Find an aviator style or a light-colored rim for a springier look.
(dorothy perkins)
A no-fuss hairstyle - Carry a clip or band with you in case your hair does take a beating. That way you can craft a cute up-do or pin a few pieces in the right way before heading to meet with a client. It also helps when you want to transition to happy-hour drinks or simply want your hair off your face during and intense project.
Rain Shoes - Oftentimes, I wear flip flops or another rain-resistant shoe during my commute (and for my coffee stop) and then throw on my pumps when I reach the office. That way, I'm less likely to step in a puddle (and, let's face it, I'm more comfortable for a longer time.) If it's going to be very rainy, I'll even wear my rain boots.
(aeropostale)
Sunglasses - Whether it's simply a sunny spring day, or the sun is peeking out after a rainfall, that bright glare can make running around difficult. Find an aviator style or a light-colored rim for a springier look.
(dorothy perkins)
A no-fuss hairstyle - Carry a clip or band with you in case your hair does take a beating. That way you can craft a cute up-do or pin a few pieces in the right way before heading to meet with a client. It also helps when you want to transition to happy-hour drinks or simply want your hair off your face during and intense project.




1 comment:
I love that umbrella, I need to get a new one.
Post a Comment