It seems like many of my experiences these days are accompanied by the phrase, "this is the last time..."
Today I have the pleasure of attending our Battalion Ball. I get to put on a pretty dress, get a mani/pedi, and curl up my hair. I get to join my close Army friends for dinner, drinks, and dancing. Even better than that, I get to watch my husband put on his Class A's, steamed and pressed, with all the brass, bells, and whistles. This might very well be the last time I see him stand proud in his uniform and it is most likely the last time I will be on his arm when he does.
Along with the celebratory air of the evening, will be moments of reflection. Some moments will be happy, and others somber. But tonight, for the last time, I will raise a glass and toast this amazing ride we've had with the Army and focus, instead, on the many firsts to come in our lives. Cheers!
2 comments:
I hope you have an amazing time at the battalion ball! :)
Aw. I hope you had a wonderful time!
Post a Comment