I'm not an overly-emotional person. I consider myself to be a realistically emotional person.
Meaning, I cry when it's necessary and I don't when it's not.
{The only exception to that is sappy movies/TV shows/etc...I can cry at the drop of a hat when it comes to that stuff. Otherwise, though, I'm pretty emotionally stable person.}
Until lately.
Finals are kicking my butt. Completely.
I've been at my peak stress level.
I've been just entirely exhausted.
Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely worth it. Well, I think it is. Right now, it's hard to see past the work to the future payoff. But I know I have to keep plugging away.
But that doesn't help with the stress.
As a result, I've been overly emotional. And driving Al crazy.
Actually, he's amazingly patient.
{Although he's a typical guy and rarely knows what to say. Sometimes he's trying to be funny and screws up royally. But most of the time, he's supportive.}
The worst part, of course, is that he can't be here to wipe my tears and hold me.
He watches helpless through webcam.
I cry. He tries to console. I cry more.
We're 10 days away. I'll be finished with finals and that same night he gets in from Texas.
We get to spend our first Christmas together in 3 years!
I took a week off of work so we can just enjoy each other and not worry about books, clients, class or homework in any way.
And hopefully, there will be a LOT less tears.
2 comments:
I'm sure once Al's back and finals are over the water works will be over with.
Ugh! I hate that feeling. And to make it worse, when I get like that I usually eat just junk food and caffeine which doesn't really help matters. Hang in there! You're almost done. *hugs*
Post a Comment