With all the wedding buzz around here, I've had my cell phone permanently attached to my ear.
Getting all the plans lined up for even a small, intimate, informal ceremony takes work!
But what has made it SO absolutely worth it is my family.
Not only have they been supportive of our (slightly crazy and definitely sudden) decision to move things up a bit, they have jumped head-first into helping me put it all together.
Here's a good example:
Thursday, I get a call from my mother.
Mom: Do you want to go dress shopping on Saturday?
Me: For what? Can't I just wear something in my closet? It is just an informal ceremony.
Mom: NO! He's wearing his uniform, you can't just wear something grungy from your closet.
Me: Grungy? I have lots of nice dresses.
Mom: I'm buying.
Me: What time?
We found a beautiful dress.
It's champagne-colored, knee-length and fits just right.
Something simple and classic that will look great next to Al's Class-A's.
And of course I had to get a new pair of shoes too.
My aunt called from Florida (who has a winter home there and can't make it back for the ceremony due to dogs and house guests and various other complications/costs) and offered to help. She bought the shoes for me.
Considering I intended to pay for all of this myself, being that I'm a grown woman and Al and I agreed that we'd prefer it that way...I feel considerably spoiled right now.
And very, very blessed to have such a great family.
5 comments:
that was great for your family to help out, its okay to feel spoiled soak it in. while you can! Im happy to hear that all is going well with plans!
A new dress and new shoes? Live it up! Even though you are a mature, independent woman it's okay to be spoiled every now and then.
I had so much fin shopping with you yesterday! You will be a beautiful bride! Love you!
Of course you needed new shoes!
That's awesome your family is being so supportive!
SO sweet. Your outfit sounds awesome.
Post a Comment