Thursday, January 27, 2011

Things I Like that Most People Don't

I have a LOT of pet-peeves.
A LOT.
Probably too many.

But this list isn't about that. Instead, it's about things that I like.
And they are things that most people don't.

1. People who tell you how much something was and where they bought it when you compliment their new skirt, shoes, top, etc...
Sometimes, if I'm complimenting you, I like it enough to buy one for myself. And I will ALWAYS be impressed if you got it on sale or at a unique store. In fact, I'm usually skeptical or at least disappointed, if you don't share the details on that fabulous article of clothing.

2. People who make noise when they walk (with their loud heels, for example)
I think this makes people look and sound important. It makes me feel important, like I am going somewhere. I don't see anything wrong with this.

3. People who talk on their cell phone/bluetooth in public places
{I do have to say that this is only OK if it doesn't affect their ability to do other things, such as navigate a cart through isles or check out at a speedy pace. If so, they it promptly goes into the pet-peeve pile.}
If, however, someone is capable of basic tasks while carrying on a cell phone conversation, it doesn't bother me. Why? Because my life is boring and yours isn't. I like a little stranger gossip. I like overhearing things that are interesting, juicy or weird. In fact, it is pretty likely that these conversations are the most entertaining part of my day. Better than TV most times.

4. Always being the one who is driving
I like driving and I like my car. While sometimes I want someone to drive so I can have a margarita with dinner (or lunch), most of the time I like driving. It doesn't bother me one bit to be the one who knows how I'm getting home and has the ability to leave whenever I'd like. Plus, so few people are actually good drivers, so I don't mind doing it.

5. Essay Exams
In all my years of school, it became very clear that I would excel in a class and do poorly on a test. I wasn't failing, I just didn't test well. So, essay exams are the best thing to ever happen to me. I can talk my way out of a paper bag and most of the time, at least in Undergrad, that meant I got an "A". It's been a little more difficult in law school, because it's a much higher BS standard, but the concept is still there.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am the loudest one in heels - I totally walk with purpose. When I worked in the hospital all the nurses would come out of their holes when they heard me coming (I was the nice computer girl who helped them).