What I Love About My Man...
Is when he says just the right thing at just the right time.
The story:
You might remember the problems I've been having with my sister. And OF COURSE you remember that Al and I moved up our wedding and having a small legal ceremony in February.
With all the stuff my sister is going through, she is having a really difficult time being involved in the wedding and keeping positive about someone else's life.
It might affect whether or not she is even there for the ceremony.
Shortly after a conversation with her the other day, I was pretty upset.
We've been running around looking at possible times to have it and where to have it, just to accommodate her schedule. Somehow, with everything she is going through she has turned even the one day that is supposed to be about me, into something about her.
And I was pissed.
I called Al and he patiently listened to my complaining, my cursing, my yelling and my crying. "My whole life has been about her. My whole life the world has revolved around that girl. And on the ONE day it's supposed to be about me, it is somehow still about her!?!" I said.
And his quiet reply: "It's still about you. You are going through all this trouble because on YOUR day you want YOUR sister to be there. YOU know that having her there matters to YOU. These sacrifices are being made so YOU can have the happy day that you want. It's not about her happiness, it's about yours."
That is what I love about my man.
What do you love about yours?
Link up and tell me.
No comments:
Post a Comment