Welcome back to day two of my blog-a-versary celebration!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway from yesterday, by clicking the link at the top of the page.
Today, I wanted to reflect on this past year and everything I have been through since I started this blog in March of last year.
In the past year...
...I celebrated my 26th birthday at Target Field, keeping the tradition alive
...I paid off my car and my credit cards, eliminating all debt other than my school loans
...I finished my first year of law school (and actually didn't totally and completely hate it) making some great friends along the way

...I celebrated my sister's 21st birthday with her
...I got a new job (and left that job 10 months later to focus on school)
...I moved from one apartment to another, losing a significant friendship
...but gaining a new one
...I welcomed Al home from Iraq
...I started my third semester of law school (which turned out to be the hardest so far!)

...Al proposed while home on post-deployment leave
...then we enjoyed our first Christmas together in 2 years
...married my best friend
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You, my beloved readers, have been through all of these things with me.
I can't begin to thank you enough for your kindness and support during the tougher times and your friendship in sharing in the good times.
Today's giveaway is this cute bracelet I found:
I thought it had a fun nautical feel to it. It could be worn with jeans and a t-shirt or with a dress and cardigan. Either way, it's fun little bracelet.
And it can be yours with one very simple step:
Simply tell me your favorite post from this past year.
Scroll through my archives, or perhaps you have one that stands out.
Just leave me a note in the comments and you're entered!
This contest will end, along with the others, at 23:59 on Sunday night.
Have fun!
6 comments:
Happy Blogaversary! This bracelet is adorable.
My favorite post of yours would have to be:
http://headinthegameheartinthesand.blogspot.com/2010/06/another-award.html
Even though you didn't win, it was great getting to know all the nominees and I definitely agree with whomever nominated your blog.
I like the Lessons From 50 Years Post
http://headinthegameheartinthesand.blogspot.com/2010/08/lessons-from-50-years.html
What a cute bracelet!
One of my favorite posts was your wedding post-
http://headinthegameheartinthesand.blogspot.com/2011/02/wedding-weekend-photo-sneak-peek.html
It was nice to have a glance into your big day because in your posts prior to this one, your excitement was palpable. I'm happy for ya!
Runner up- Your closet tour post. Wow, I was jealous.
I had a hard time picking a favorite post but I really like this Homecoming one (who doesn't love a homecoming story?): http://headinthegameheartinthesand.blogspot.com/2010/09/our-homecoming.html
Ok, so I didn't go back and find a specific one - is that bad?!?! I think some of my favorite posts have been the Life Lessons series - I LOVED reading those and learning a little more about Mel, and the things that have shaped you into who you are.
Ok, so I even just looked back at them and I still can't pick one. I really enjoyed lesson #1 and lesson #3!
My favorite post was definitely the one about the cost of one's engagement ring. I just remember being so interested in everybody's comments and discussing it in person with other friends. I think a good blog post makes you talk about it in real life!
Have an awesome weekend in Texas!
Post a Comment