I've said before that I work best under pressure. I would rather study 12-hours-per-day for 4 straight days and then be completely finished than spread it out over two weeks and leisurely complete the work. Sure, it's not necessarily the most stress-free option, but over many years of schooling it has proven to provide the most optimal results.
While in my typical morning routine (wherein I post-pone everything to read blogs, check email and scroll through Facebook while sipping on coffee that was inevitably delivered to my bed) I read an article that made me sit up.
Read it. It's pretty short. I'll wait.
Even though my procrastinate-and-push-through mentality has always worked in the past, I have recently been trying to procrastinate less. Yet, here I am, 5 days away from the end of finals, setting myself up for the same routine I have done many times before. Trying is not working.
I need to stop trying to study for that exam. I need to stop trying to get through one more case, or one more paragraph, or one more outline. I need to stop making excuses. I need to just DO it.
Like the author said, it's time to remove the word "TRY" from our vocabulary.
It's worthless. It's time-filler. Much like the word "wait." (I added that.)
It simply provides us with an excuse to not get off our butts and get things done.
So, as soon as I hit publish, I will jump out of bed, get dressed, and do my work!
2 comments:
I feel like I do the same thing. I seem to work better under pressure as well, and no matter how much work I have I always seem to cram it all in at the last second.
Good luck on finals!! :)
So I guess this means I need to stop "trying" to clean my house and actually clean it? Gee, thanks for the pep talk! :p
But seriously, good luck to you! I know you'll ace this week!
Post a Comment