There are many aspects of winter that I love. I am from Minnesota, after all. I love warm, winter days where you throw on boots and clomp around in the snow then come inside for hot cocoa and your favorite flick. I love having a white Christmas. I love love love hockey season!
Usually, though, once the holidays come and go, winter feels like such a burden. That period between NYE and Spring Break is such a drag and often brings feelings of lethargy or even sadness. You've heard the term cabin fever? Well, that's the type of antsy I feel when winter doesn't end quite as quickly as I'd like.
This week, father winter was especially cruel. After a gorgeous, warm weekend (high 50's and sunny!) we were hit with a storm that dumped just enough sleet and snow to cause frozen roadways on Monday. The rest of the week was spent thawing out and hoping it never returns again.
If you're feeling as blah as I am about winter at this point, here are some great ways to get through the funk. Spring is just around the corner and these few tips should help you hang in there until then!
Healthy (food) Tips for Beating the Winter Blahs - Life Your Way
Other Mood-Boosting or Energy Yielding Foods - The Daily Muse
Other Mood-Boosting or Energy Yielding Foods - The Daily Muse
Use your indoor time to Boost your Creativity - via WiseBread
and to tackle a small project around the house. Here are some ideas from Our Fifth House.
Get organized! Complete a project around the house to reduce clutter. Check out my Pinterest board on Organization for some great ideas!
This is also a great time to organize your closet, pull out spring and summer clothes, get them washed and pressed, and pack away the winter layers you no longer need. Here is a resource to help with that.
Have a great weekend and don't let winter get you too down!
and to tackle a small project around the house. Here are some ideas from Our Fifth House.
Get organized! Complete a project around the house to reduce clutter. Check out my Pinterest board on Organization for some great ideas!
This is also a great time to organize your closet, pull out spring and summer clothes, get them washed and pressed, and pack away the winter layers you no longer need. Here is a resource to help with that.
Have a great weekend and don't let winter get you too down!
1 comment:
I love spring and summer but I'm actually a winter girl. I think that's because I grew up somewhere that didn't get snow haha.
Post a Comment